Sunday, February 17, 2008

All Grown Up in my new JEANS!!

I bought these jeans the other day at the childrens place. I was looking for a dark jean for our family pictures in a couple of weeks and decided to check out the childrens place, since I couldn't seem to find any small enough. The smallest size they carry is 6-9 months. Well, I don't know about you, but unless you have a bigger child the pant sizes don't really seem to fit at that age they are still much too big. Delia is in the 50% for weight and 75 for height. I still need to safety pin pants that are 0-3 months because she is just so tiny around the waist, but they are too short for her legs! I never seem to win, it reminds me of shopping for pants with the exact same problem as a child. Anyway. I knew these were going to be big, so I set out to find the kind I liked, until I looked at the very top and saw some exceptionally small ones, took them down and compared them to another pair same size, but they were so much smaller(more like 3 months!) and I couldn't believe it! they were the only ones like it out of all the rest. The store clerk said that maybe they were defective or something, she didn't know why they measured smaller than the rest. I was so happy! How did I get so lucky? I also bought another pair(I'll have to safety pin those ones) in a lighter was and they ended up only being $11 each! I also bought som cute shirts that were on sale. I love the childrens place!!! Such cute clothes at affordable prices(compared to baby gap).

She looks so grown up in her new clothes I had to take some pictures and yes all her spit-up is clear as day! Man! I do have to say, although she looks really cute, she looks too grown up in these pictures and it is actually getting me teary-eyed while writing this. These moments are so bittersweet. You get excited fro them to grow up and experience and learn new things, but it all seems to happen too fast.









10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Gina, those are too cute!! I love babies in jeans although they don't fit them well, funny thing that hers are all too big on the waist and too short in the length because Sophie is just the opposite! Goes to show they just can't win, some mom will complain. :)
I saw your countdown the Disney World, AWESOME! I've never been there but I do know it's in sunny Florida!! I'm so jealous, I swear if you come back with a tan we might not be able to be friends again until I get one too! j/k

Mandy said...

Gina! She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is already! I have the same problem with Emma still with her jeans! I have to buy for the length but then they are huge on her waist!

jani said...

So cute! She does look so grown up- and happy! I love the picture of her not smiling where she looks confused or something- what a doll!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! She is getting SO big! I can't even believe it! She looks so cute too! You are the greatest mommy. Your baby is a doll and ever time I see her, she just looks so cute.

Brady and Kariann said...

Those jeans are so cute on her!! I have had the same problem with Abby and her little waist. FYI - I went to Old Navy last week, because they were having a sale, and they make pants (and jeans) with adjustable waist bands. They are awesome and worked out great with Abby. Their pants can be a little pricy sometimes, but if you can get them on sale, it's great! Just thought I would let you know!

Mike and Kimmy said...

Gina!!! I was so excited to hear from you. Delia is an absolute little angel. She is so adorable. And those pants... so cute!!! Being a mom is so great! How are you enjoying Colorado? Do you know where you all are going to be setting up the practice? So...Heather Young had a little girl two days before I did. She named her Allison. Heather Mills is also pregnant. I think she is almost 4 months along. She doesn't know what she is having yet. I miss seeing you! Your blog is also so cute. I'm just getting started with blogging. I need all the help I can get. I'm excited that we can keep in touch now. : )

Rob and Heather said...

Love the jeans. My how she is growing. TOO CUTE! Oh yea the Childrens' Place has adjustable waist jeans too. FYI

Perrero Clan said...

She looks sooo grown up here!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow..she is soooo cute. I love putting babies in "grown-up" clothes. She is too cute. And I have no idea who makes baby pants so retarded. I should start a baby pants biz...Hope you are all well!!!!!!!!! Give Chris hugs for me and give one to yourself!!

Melissa said...

Wow! She has grown up so much. And so sylish!